This is the third day, and the last day, of caffeine weening. It has been very easy. It's also easy because I only have a couple small cups of coffee a day. It's still often difficult to break a habit. While I could list you a long list of caffeine's benefits, I really think that even small amounts of caffeine causes subtle and unnecessary stress, which is the point of this blog.
Today I will have one small half-caffeinated cup of coffee and say farewell to stress, over eating, laziness, poor-health, and missed opportunities for making more money, to be a blessing.
I had decaf green tea this morning. I'm not a tea guy. But having a hot beverage helps break the caffeine habit without breaking the hot-beverage habit.
I'm avoided decaffeinated coffee this morning because it still has 10% of the caffeine of a normal cup of coffee. Also, the roasted beans also stimulate the stomach to produce more gastrin, which contributes to heart burn. [1]
I forgot to mention that the important thing about moving all of the caffeine you would have in the day to one time in the day serves two purposes. First, it allows you to have focus on the amount you've been having - to see it all at once. Second, it allows you to move it to a time later in the day and you can see it as an incentive to going most of the day without something you probably has early in the morning. In my experience it's much easier to wait for something that is coming, like a reward, than to start your day with some caffeine and then struggle to resist an urge that has no fulfillment on the near horizon.
[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1253714
No comments:
Post a Comment